Friday, July 10, 2009

My First Quilt

So I thought I'd jump on the "My First Quilt" bandwagon. Here it is:I made this quilt in a course about 7 years ago. I thought all quilts should look traditional then. The backing fabric was the inspiration for the colours. (You may recognize this fabric from my Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap). My teacher wanted us to free-motion quilt straight lines. I was less than successful. And to be honest, I never actually finished quilting it. I bought a walking foot immediately after that course. Have you ever tried to free motion quilt straight lines? It now resides on the wall of my quilting room - and I often use it as my design wall! I have to say I don't love this quilt, but taking it outside the other day to take pictures made me appreciate it a little more.And now my most recent finish...although I it took me a year and a half to finish. My daughter's 'big girl' quilt. She picked out the fabric when she was 18 months old. I used a pattern from Blue Meadow Designs. Simple and effective...the best combination!

0 comments: