Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A few finishes...

After my last post about all the WIP's I have, I finally have a couple of finishes to show.
First is my DQS7 quilt for my partner. I even made my first hanging sleeve. It was easier than I thought. Just have to make a label and collect some goodies to send.
Second, my Good Ol' Summertime Mini Quilt Swap. This little mermaid is swimming off to my partner tomorrow as soon as I make a label. And finally, my wonky stars for Rachel for our Stash Busting Bee International. They were a blast to make and a great use of little scraps of favourite fabrics. I like the 6.5" size much better than the 12.5". I'll have to add it to the list of must makes...

So the list from last post now looks like this:

Not too bad considering my husband was away for a week and I've had a house FULL of visitors. I'm going to keep working on those WIPs though. NO NEW PROJECTS :(

How many of you do the 'WIP Wednesdays' posts? What else do you do to motivate you to get those projects finished? How many WIP are you comfortable having on the go? How many do you actually have? I'm interested to know...

Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

um, hi...love the DQS7 quilt! holy crap, your partner is a lucky ducky!

Melissa ;-) said...

I can't believe you are swapping such gorgeous pieces!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Both of your quilts for swaps are just precious! The wonky stars are cute too!

I only have 3 quilting projects going right now. I also have 2 tops that aren't quilted. Doesn't sound like much but I'm a new quilter and that list is everything I've ever made but 1 project which I managed to complete!

Beth said...

Oh, I love your dqs7! and yeah for getting stuff crossed off the to do list!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! Now I really wish I knew how to quilt (or sew really well). No such thing as a swap for non quilters or beginner sewists is there? LOL.... I don't think anyone would like to receive anything I make in the mail. I need more lessons!