Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scrappy Pincushion Swap

I finally finished my pincushion for the Scrappy Pincushion Swap over on flickr. My partner said that she liked red & aqua so I ran with it. She had an owl in her mosaic so I made up this little guy.

He's perched on a scrappy log cabin pincushion that I made out of my scrap bin. I love it when scraps go to good use!
 I even got to use some of my yummy sushi fabric for the centre....I figure owls must love sushi. I know I love sushi anyway. And now that we live in a big city we can actually enjoy it now and then.

I admit that I also struggled with this swap, but I'm happy with the end results. You might wonder why I keep signing up for swaps considering it takes me until right before the deadline to commit to an idea, but the truth is that is just the way I am. And I really love swaps because they push me to create. I would never have made this little guy with out a swap to make me.

This little guy is now off to his new home.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Aww, Barb, he is so cute!! Great job. I am sure your partner for the swap will love both of them.

Ariane said...

Ah! I love it!!! The owl and the cushion are gorgeous!! I'm the same as you! I think the pressure of the deadline sometimes helps me to get my projects done. The swaps really help me take more risks and learn new skills! Gotta love that!

Sharlee said...

I love it, they are precious!!!

peaknits said...

I love him - and I had one in my mosaic - fingers crossed :)