Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home Made Christmas: Part 2

Okay, I meant to write this post before Christmas, but you all know how life goes, right? So here are a few more gifts I made for my family this year.

First, a couple of pillows for my sister. She requested brown, cream and a hint of red. The first is a simple zig zag. For some reason I have a huge amount of that MM print in my stash, so I put it to good use. Background is Kona Bone.

The second is a simple wonky square, using up some of my red and brown scraps. It's my favourite. I LOVE it. And word is that my sister loves it too.


I also made my niece a wonky star doll quilt. I used some of my favourite Munki Munki for the centres of the stars and then raided my scrap bins. The background is an unknown light pink solid.


The quilting is very dense (probably too dense for a doll quilt). I wanted to practice my loops and stars. 

 

I just adore those Munki prints...perfect for a little girl. And a big 30-ish girl too.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I was so thankful to spend it with my family. But I'm happy to be home. Can't wait to read everyone's 2010 wrap-up posts.

6 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Great gifts! I love the wonky squares pillow, too! Very mod. Doll quilts are a great way to practice quilting designs - cute stars!

Lesly said...

Love! Lucky family! Especially those pillows

Darci said...

I just love everything you made! Totally gorgeous.

Ariane said...

My husband just requested that I make new pillow covers for our cushions. These are the inspiration I needed. I love the little doll quilt. Gorgeous!!!

Holly said...

They're all great! Love that scrappy squares pillow, your sister is lucky!

Peggy said...

Great pillows and quilt - wonderful gifts