Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back Online!

We came back from a quick trip down south to visit the Grandparents, and our Internet died! It is amazing just how much I can get done when I`m not constantly checking flickr, blogs, etsy, ebay, etc, etc. But we are now back online, and I`ve been working on a few projects.

I quilted that baby quilt from my last post. I used Nettie`s tutorial for straight line quilting. Let`s just say that I`m no Rita from Red Pepper Quilts. The lines are what I`d like to call ``organic.` Part of me wants to pick some of them out, but the 34.5 week pregnant part of me decided to leave them as is. I am letting go of my perfectionism.

Almost done...

I also got inspired to do some work on my quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 10. I machine appliqued the centre yesterday and made the backing. Now to just sandwich, baste, quilt and bind. Perhaps this weekend...

Doll Quilt Swap 10 quilt top complete.

We`re finally getting some spring weather up here in the great white north. But there is still at least 5 feet of snow in the yard. My daughter was outraged yesterday that the snow didn`t miraculously melt with the first day of Spring. How do you tell a 4-year old that green grass is a long, long, way offÉ

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Note: For some reason, my laptop keyboard has decided to use the french settings this morning. That É is really supposed to be a question mark. I`ll figure out how to fix it today and I promise to fix this post asap.

5 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

ooh, I want that quilt! Can't we just pretend I'm your DQS partner instead of your real one??? :)

Manda said...

DQS looks fabulous! :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

I am so in love with straight-line quilting; yours looks great!

your doll quilt is beautiful; love the fabrics/colors

Amy said...

love the colors of both projects.the dresden plate is gorgeous!

amylouwhosews said...

I love that you made a dresden too! The colors are glorious!!