Anyway, here's a snapshot of what I've been up to and what I've got planned:
- Spicing up the Kitchen Swap - I sent my partner some lovely HR hexagons, a pot holder and a basket. I received a lovely patchwork kitchen mat, and a tea towel from Jennspen. Thank you!
- Doll Quilt Swap 11 - I was pretty stumped by this one. I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around the new piecing only rules. I sent of some Canadian Flying Geese to my partner. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
- I've become obsessed with Waldorf Inspired Dolls. Especially from Fig & Me, Bamboletta and Tumbleberry Toys. Since I can't afford $200+ for a doll, I've decided to make my own. I've collected most of the supplies from here, and now I just have to find some time.
- I entered a few quilts into the Prince George Exhibition Quilt Show. It was the first time I've put any of my quilts in a show (I was too nervous last year), and it was fun to see my quilts hanging up. Unfortunately, I put all of the hanging sleeves too low so they flopped a bit at the top. Oops. I also volunteered to help out.
- I'm getting geared up to do some back to school sewing. My oldest starts Kindergarten in September. Yikes!
- I'm trying to spend more time with my kids, and less time reading blogs (sorry). I just don't want to be like Elizabeth in The Help.
- I really want to be a positive, pro-active and interactive parent. My new obsession with Waldorf Dolls has lead me to some wonderful mommy/green/crafting blogs. It's fun to read something new.
- I'm not sure what's in store for this old blog. Part of me thinks that the show and tell nature of it is tired. Especially when I never actually finish anything. We'll see.....