|2011 in Pictures.|
I didn't get quite as many quilty finishes done this year as I would have liked, but I do have a creative 5 year old, a mischievous 3.5 year old and a sweet little 8 month old to show for myself instead.
This time last year, I declared 2011 the year of finishing UFO's. Well, I started strong, but I think the only UFO's I actually finished were in January. I also realize now that I didn't write very good goals last year. I went through enough years of university to know that goals should be specific, attainable and measurable. Oops. So this year, I'm going to try to write better goals!
My goals for 2012:
- Finish up my red/green wonky quarter log cabin from my Bee Inspired Quilting Bee. I think that bee ended in 2009. Enough said.
- Make a Maple Leaf Rag Quilt by Sarah Fielke. I love this quilt! I started crazy piecing the kites this fall and I can't wait to start putting blocks on the design wall.
|Crazy Pieced Kites for my Maple Leaf Rag Quilt|
- Finish my daughter's Oliver + S Messenger Bag. Yup. Still waiting to get the perfect hardware for this one.
- Finish my Colour Wheel Quilt. This one is a project. I pieced together the top, made a backing, got ready to baste it, then realized that it does. not. lay. flat. Not even close. This one needs to be picked apart. And I'm afraid of what I need to do to put it together again.
- Make at least two quilts for charity. I've got one quilt top even made. Just need to finish it!
- Use up what I have instead of buying and hoarding fabric. Okay, this isn't measurable and it probably isn't very attainable, but I am going to work on it. Really.
- Write a tutorial for this blog. I'm by no means a designer, but I'd like to challenge myself to a simple tutorial.