Monday, January 19, 2009

Two Small Projects

Over the weekend I fired off two quick projects: patchwork tea towels for my sister's birthday and a cushion cover for ME! (Yay, I hardly ever make anything for myself because the list is so long of things to make for other people, but it sure is fun to make stuff for our house!)

I followed the wonderful Patchwork Kitchen Towels tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew for the tea towels. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out - I just used some leftover "Chocolat" scraps from a charm square quilt I made for my sister-in-law's wedding last spring and some tea towels I picked up at Home Hardware. There isn't much choice in my small town, but next trip to the big city I am picking up some cheaper towels so I can make more of these. They were fun, easy and they look really pretty! I think I need some red ones for my kitchen.
I've been meaning to make new cushion covers for the pillows on my couch forever and I finally did one! I have slipcovers on the couches (they are southwest-inspired striped couches from the 90's that I got as a hand-me-down from my mom. I LOVE hand-me-downs, but this one needed a little bit of prettying up!) I used leftover fabric from a quilt I made for my mom 2 years ago. My husband loves it, so I guess I'll be making more in the future. My daughter likes it too...

I'm off to my first quilt guild meeting this morning - more details to come.

Barbie

0 comments: