Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This, That & the Other

I've been working on lots of different, little projects lately. Nothing new that is actually finished. I am terrible at finishing things...I joined the Rainbow Swap at Jane's Fabric. I chose yellow because I don't have very much in my stash and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use a colour I don't use very often. I had a hard time choosing my block, but finally settled on the Bear Paw Patch. I bought my fabric this weekend. I can't wait to get started. But then, since Jane was putting out a last call for her 5th section, I decided to join again. This time I chose purple (I have lots in my stash) and the Ohio Star.

Yesterday, I finally sent off my blocks to Jacquie for Project Improv.
I'm also plugging away on my Doll Quilt Swap 6 for my partner. I received a beautiful purple butterfly FQ (oops I forgot to take a picture) in the mail last week from my Sew, Mama, Sew Swap and I think it will be the perfect backing for my quilt. I've changed things up since I first started and I'm much happier. I'll post a picture soon.
Finally, I had a quilt guild meeting yesterday. It probably isn't fair to bring a 10-month old baby to a quilt guild meeting (most of the ladies are grandmas with their grandchildren living far away) and my little guy stole the show! There wasn't much sewing for the hour that I was there! I volunteered to organize our charity quilt donation day for kids in care. In May we should be donating 20 quilts to local kids in foster care. I am really happy to be able to help out with this as it is the reason I joined the local group.

1 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

owww love your yellow and am so glad you are playing twice!!