Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WIP Wednesday

As I've said before, I'm feeling a wee bit overwhelmed by all the projects I have on the go. To keep me accountable, I've decided to join the wonderful world of WIP Wednesdays to keep me on track. Sorry in advance for the horrible photos. My basement is dark. I dream of a day-light sewing studio!
So here she is...my nine-patch from CrazyMomQuilts 1st round quilt along. I finally got the sashing cut and pinned...I hate cutting sashing along the length of fabric. It makes me nervous.
And I know why I don't like cutting sashing. I always make a mistake! Can you see my oops?Now I just have to decide if I want to just add a long sashing strip to the right side (then both sides would be a wee bit different) or cut off the sashing strips on the left and add long sashing to both sides. Hmmm...I know what I should do but as always that is more work!
Finally, I got an invoice from this amazing designer from her Studio Sale. And she also emailed to say that it wouldn't fit in an envelope (Yay!). I am so excited to get my goodies in the mail!

3 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

I dunno what your ooops is! But I can't wait to see what you get from HR - wish I had been home when that had happened!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I can't see your oops either. It looks wonderful to me!

Love the sewing room you linked to as well!

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

I don't see the oops either. I do love the colors and the white makes them pop.

I have enjoyed reading your blog and gaining inspiration from your work so, I have passed on the Blog De Oro award to your blog. You can check out the post on my blog:http://sewingtrials.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-would-like-to-thank-all-little-people.html To accept the award, just copy the image, paste it in a blog post, and select the 10 blogs you think should receive it next. Thanks for some great reading