True-Up is having a great fabric celebration/give-away. I had to join the party...so here are my favourites of 2009!
1. Favourite Quilting Weight Cotton Collection: Deer Valley by Joel Dewberry. But I still haven't bought any yet. But I will. When I get some of these darn UFO's finished. In the green and yellow. I figure if I finish 5 UFO's I can reward myself with some yummy Deer Valley.
2. Favourite Home Decor Fabric: You mean there is fabric other than Quilting Cotton? You're joking, right? Oh wait, doesn't Amy Butler's Love come in Home Decor???
3. Favourite Trend (Motifs): I'm going to have to go with the whole Gnome thing.
4. Favourite Trend (Colors): I'm loving the aqua & tangerine movement.
Biggest Fabric World Story/News: Heather Ross had a Studio Sale. And I got some lovely little mushrooms and gnomes!
5. Favourite Overall Designer: A toss up between Heather Ross and Denyse Schmidt
6. Favourite Floral Print: Those gorgeous Columbines from Deer Valley. I have columbines outside my house and the fabric just reminds me of home! (Photo from FreeSpirit).
7. Favourite Collection from Japan: Far, Far Away by Heather Ross for Kokka of Japan. I even splurged and bought some. But I haven't cut into it yet. But I will. I think. Maybe. Oh, it really is so beautiful!
8. Favourite Fabric Shop: Pink Panda Fabrics How can I resist Free Shipping in Canada? Really...Free shipping?!
9.Favourite New Fabric You Worked With in 2009: Wonderland by MoMo for Moda. I used this in my yet to be finished (yes one of my many UFOs) Double Wedding Ring. It is gorgeous. I love the reds. I'm a red girl. Oh, and I may have some FQs and a Charm pack destined to become a bag.
10. Fabric Collections I won't be able to resist in 2010 (aka Wildcard): Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson, Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey, and of course, Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt.
Beautiful fabrics! Can't wait to see what will come in 2010.