Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Bee

Okay, so I joined another one. Another VQB that is. But how could I resist? This one is 100% Canadian. I am thrilled to work with other Canadian Quilters. And I'm also thrilled that I don't have to fill out customs slips every time I mail a block back.

So January is our first month, and I'm up. I'm a little slow getting things rolling (I was waiting for some yummy Munki Munki to arrive but it still isn't here). But I'm now pretty happy with my fabrics. (Sorry for the terrible photo - have you ever tried to layout fabric to mail out with 2 toddlers running around. Trust me, it is chaos! So I had to snap this picture at night).

I sent out a selection of blue/aqua and orange with a few of my favourite Heather Ross fabrics thrown in. I'm looking for wonky log cabins/improv blocks. Here is some inspiration.

I'm going to make these blocks into a twin sized quilt for my son. I can't believe he's almost ready for a big boy bed.

5 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

ooh, this is going to be awesome! great fabrics ;)

Vivian said...

I really like your inspirational photos. Fabric looks cute as can be.

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah....it will be awesome!

Ann said...

Wow!! You have chosen one of my blocks for inspiration. Talk about being flattered - thanks!!

And your fabrics look just yummi!

Diane said...

Nice selection of fabrics! This is going to be an awesome quilt!