Monday, October 7, 2013

A Bear Paw Mini Quilt

I volunteered to be an angel for the last round of the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap. I was especially happy to help out when I learned that it was Deanna that still hadn't received from her partner. Deanna sent me a gorgeous charm pack and pouch for another swap, and only lives a province away.

Bearpaw Quilt Block
Sleeping Beauty

Deanna likes modern whimsical fabric (a la Heather Ross, Aneela Hoey and Sarah Jane), and she was looking for something to hang in her little girls' room. I had a ton of fun rummaging through my scrap bin, and playing with my favourite fabrics.

This is what I came up with:

Heather Ross Mini Quilt
Bear Paw Mini Quilt by Quilting Barbie

I used Aneela's Bear Paw pattern to make 3.5" blocks. The pattern is great because it offers instructions on how to make five different sizes (3.5", 6", 12", 18" and 24") of bear paw blocks. I chose the smallest. And now I can't wait to make some in the bigger sizes. Don't you think that the Lush Uptown Deer would be lovely in a bear paw pillow?


Modern Scrappy Bits Angel Package
Angel Swap Package by Quilting Barbie

The next round of the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap is starting soon. Are you joining?

6 comments:

Liz said...

You're so good to help out - it's mean of people to join up to things and then not come through. And that is one cute little quilt - I love those Heather Ross prints :-)

QuiltNut Creations said...

so pretty!!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

I love that mini! Super cute and well executed!

Deanna said...

So fun to see the mini on Pinterest since it now hangs in my house. Thanks for creating such a little beauty for me :)

Samantha said...

I love this mini! Such great colors and prints!

Roch167 said...

Very nice and nice of you to fill in. had that happen to me once.