Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm a Dance Mom.

Progress on my Maple Leaf Rag quilt has been pretty minimal this week due to upcoming dance performances and festivals.

I'm a dance mom.

My daughter is dancing the Cake Walk on Saturday at Robbie Burns Night. So in the last week, I've made a circle skirt, a pair of short pants and a vest.  I upcycled my old Highland costume from when I was a kid to make the skirt and vest. And I used a cute dark blue corduroy for the pants. Please cross your fingers that they will all fit. I only have 5 days until the big show! (I think I'm more nervous about the costumes than my daughter is about the dancing). I used these tutorials for the skirt (I used a band rather than an elastic waist), Burda 2622 for the vest, and McCalls M6143 for the pants. However, since making the skirt, I found this great tutorial on Sew Pony, and I would use it next time.

I did manage to get a couple of webs done. But realistically, I doubt I'll get the quilt top done this month. And I think I'm okay with that. It has been so long in the making,  I'd rather not rush it at the very end just to get it done.

More Webs
More Webs
More Webs

 Thanks for all of the encouraging comments on my last post, and I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to reply. Please know that I love all of your comments, and my goal this year is to be a better communicator. So that means responding to comments too. I am a work in progress.

Anyone else making costumes?

I'm linking up.

2 comments:

Poppyprint said...

I am a work in progress. Love that. It seems like there is a general malaise going around the blogosphere. I think everyone's tired. I know I've been very casual about posting and rather pathetic about checking in with friends for the past few months. Perhaps I just needed a little break.

Your new blocks for the MLR look gorgeous and it's wonderful that you were able to remake your old dance wear into a new outfit for your daughter!! My sister makes all the circle skirts for my nieces' dance school. They take so much fabric!

Suz said...

Looking lovely. I just checked back on your blog to find the link for the 'year of finishes'group and found that you linked to my blog for the circle skirt tute - thanks!