Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scrap Stacked Coin

My husband was out both Friday and Saturday nights last weekend so I spent my time putting together a quick scrappy stacked coin quilt. I loosely followed the pattern from Joelle Hoverson's book Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. I changed the dimensions based on the white fabric that I had on hand.

I didn't cut the fabric by hand (I'm much too lazy for that) and I strip-pieced the bright fabric, then cut it into 4.5 " strips, then randomly took seams apart and mix-and-matched them so that they wouldn't look too matchy. I also had to piece the white outside borders. In a perfect world they would be all one piece of fabric but I think once this is quilted it will look just fine.
Now I just have to buy some backing fabric...any ideas???
Barbie

0 comments: